ABOUT Late Prof. Abayomi OLUWATOSIN JIBOKU
Late Prof. Abayomi Oluwatosin Jiboku, the founder and proprietor of Taidob Group of Schools was born on 26th July, 1950 and hailed from Abeokuta, in the Abeokuta South Local Government of Ogun State. He started his academic career at St. James African Primary School, Idi-Ape, Abeokuta, which he completed with good grades in 1962. Between 1964 and 1968, he had his Secondary Education at African Church Grammar School, Ita-Iyalode, Abeokuta.
Late Prof. Jiboku’s thirst for education was high, and this impetus propelled him to seek admission into Ijebu Ode Grammar School where he studied for his ‘A’ level programme in 1969, after which he opted for preliminary programme at University of Lagos. Between 1969 and 1974, Late Prof. Jiboku was a student of University of Lagos, where he studied Chemistry. He bagged a special Honours Degree (B.Sc. Hons) in Chemistry in 1974. Ever ambitious as before, he forged ahead in his academic career by obtaining a Master’s Degree in Analytical Chemistry from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria in 1976.
Late Prof. Jiboku’s determination to be a distinguished, all-round professional in Chemistry motivated him to bag another Master’s Degree in Physical Chemistry from Nigeria’s Premier University, University of Ibadan in 1983.
Late Prof. Jiboku, an erudite scholar, went back to his alma mater as a doctoral student between 1983 and 1987, and obtained a Doctorate Degree (Ph.D) in Chemistry.
Late Prof. ‘Yomi Jiboku attended many Local and International workshops/conferences where he had presented a sizeable number of academic and professional papers. He attended a practical methodology course organized by Embassy CES Cambridge in the United Kingdom between 29th July and August, 2002. As a determined celebrated academic, Late Prof. Jiboku proceeded to Washington Academy in the United State of America, where he obtained Diploma in Applied Computer Technology in April, 2003. He attended a 4 – week educational programme in Dubai on the 22nd July, 2012 organized by Commonwealth University, Belize and was awarded a Doctoral degree in Education (D. Ed.).
Late Prof. Jiboku’s dream to impart knowledge into reality when he started his teaching career at Government Secondary School, Malfanshi and Saminaka in the then Kaduna State, during his National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) programme in 1976.
In 1976, he joined the Advanced Teachers’ College, a division of Ahmadu Bello University, Kano as an Assistant Lecturer. He was there till March, 1977. In April, 1977, he joined the Ogun State Polytechnic as Lecturer II. He lectured there in various capacities and he rose to the position of Principal Lecturer before his voluntary retirement in 2002.
Late Prof. Abayomi Jiboku’s contributions towards educational standard during Chief Olusegun Osoba’s led Administration in Ogun State, brought about his appointment as Director General of Bureau of Lands, Survey and Town Planning. While in the Ministry, he invested his vast and unique experience that brought about positive changes in the system. However, his administration was interrupted when the Military seized power in 1994.
As a proof of his administrative acumen as Director General of Lands, he was appointed the Sole Administrator of Ifo Local Government in Ogun State. He held that position creditably well and the Local Government was radically transformed. He left the office after the completion of Local Government election, which ushered in an elected Chairman. Until his death, Late Prof. Jiboku was the Proprietor and the Chairman Governing Council TAIDOB GROUP OF SCHOOLS, Asero Housing Estate, Abeokuta.
Among the notable Awards and Honours received to his credit include:
- Best Environment Friendly School in Ogun State, Africare Environment Group, 2003/2004 Session
- Award of Recognition, Resource Centre for Child Training & Development, 2004
- 2007 Best Proprietor Award by Ogun State Government and Great Glorious Ventures in August, 2007
- Merit Award as Overall Best School in Biology in Ogun State. National Mathematics Centre, 2007
- Award of Excellence, Sparklight Awards (aka Brimma Awards), 2007
- Special Award as 2nd Position, Iyaniwura Maths Cup, 2007 Edition
- Best team in Iyaniwura Math Cup, Smartway Math Club, 2008 Edition
- School of the Year, State of Excellence Awards (SEA) 2008
- Award for Outstanding Contribution to Education in Ogun State by Maverton Education Development Agency on 27th October, 2009.
- Award of Excellence, Marveton Educational Development Agency, 27th October, 2009
- National Quality and Most Admired Secondary of the Year 2009 Award. The Quality Management Development Institute, National Quality Education Awards (Eduquality Awards 2009)
- Award of Excellence as the Best school in Debate, The 21st Century Think Ahead Network Awards 2009
- Award of Excellence in Secondary School Debate, The Millennium Development Goals (MGDs) 2009
- Akinfimogbayi of Oke-Ona Egbaland by HRM Oba (Dr.) Adedapo Adewale Tejuoso.
- National Merit Award by Nigeria Rotaract Multi-District Information Organization on 8th May, 2010.
- Prestigious Community Service Award (COSA)Rndy media Nigeria14th December, 2010
- National Merit Award, Nigeria Rotaract Multi-District Information Organization, 8th May, 2010
- Award of Excellence, International Academy for the Gifted LTD/GLE, 2010
- Fellow of the Chemical Society of Nigeria (FCSN) by Chemical Society of Nigeria on 23rd September, 2010.
- Fellow of the Institute of Industrialists and Corperate Administrators (FIICA) on 12th August, 2010.
- Distinguished Integrity Practitioner Award in Recognition of Excellent Contribution and Civic Responsibility in the field of anti-corruption crusade by NAVC, Ogun State Chapter, on 10th December, 2010.
- Most Outstanding Change Ambassador on Education by Thrust Leadership Consult, Lagos, on 25th June, 2011.
- Award of Distinguished Contributions to Sustainable Economic Development, Job Creation and Entrepreneurship, Efficient Human Resource Management and Visionary leadership by Centre of Advocacy Against Corrupt Practices on 21st July, 2011.
- Award of Honour, Thrust Leadership Consult, 25th June, 2011
- Award of Excellence, Academic Staff Union of Secondary School in Nigeria (ASUSS), Ogun State Chapter, October, 2011
- Award of Excellence, National Association of Science, Technology Students, 2011/2012 Session
- Diamond Award in Recognition of His Outstanding Contribution towards the Construction of 8 – Classroom Mega Project by African Church Grammar School Abeokuta Old Students’ Association on 26th May, 2012.
- Award of Excellence as the Patron of the Association in recognition and appreciation of his dynamic and selfless services to the upliftment of the educational sector in Ogun State by National Association of Ogun State Students’ (NAOSS National Body) on 4th July, 2012.
- Doctor of Education (Ed.D) by Commonwealth University, Belize, Institute of Arts and Science on 27th july, 2012.
- Fellow Certified Institute of Management on 29th December, 2012.
- National Integrated Quality Educational Development School, The Quality Management Development Institute. National Quality Education Award (NAQEA) 2012
- Award in Appreciation towards building lives and nurturing destinies, Dream Releaser Award2012/2013 Academic Session
- Elected President, National Association of Proprietors of Private Schools (NAPPS) Ogun State Chapter, on 28th February, 2013.
- Award of Excellence, Rehoboth New-Well Nursery and Primary School, 12th December, 2013
- Award of Excellence, Tai Solarin College of Education (National Alumni Association), 12th April, 2013
- Award of Excellence as Winner Mathematics Competition, Discovery Help Foundation, 2013 Edition
- 3rd Position Oratory Competition, National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Millennium Development Goals (MGDs), 2013
- Merit Award as Most Visionary Leader by National Association of Proprietors of Private Schools (NAPPS), Ogijo Ward, Sagamu Zone, Ogun State Chapter, on 28th December, 2014.
- The Membership Council of Institute of Corporate Administration, Outstanding Prowess in Administrative Matters and Professional Fellow 2014.
- Award of Excellence, National Association of Proprietors of Private Schools (NAPPS), 16th July, 2014
- Most Influential FoundationSave Their Lives (STL) on 1st October, 2014
- Outstanding Award of Excellence, Tobby Emmanuel Foundation, 31st October, 2015
- Most Supportive and Consistent NGO, Save Their Lives (STL), 1st October, 2015
- Award of Honour, National Association of Nigerian Youths (NANY), 5th October, 2015
- Award of Excellence, College of Physical Sciences’ Students Association Funaab Chapter, 14th July, 2015
- Award of Excellence, Education Legend in Ogun State, Sparklight Magazine 2015
- Excellent Award as Ogun State Outstanding Secondary School of the year by Excellent Media Southwest, Nigeria. 2015
- Outstanding School Award, Centre for Advancement, Linkages and Alumni Relation (CEFALAR FCE Abeokuta), September, 2015
- Silver Category Award, Africa Top Schools Award (Top 1000 Schools), 2015 Edition
- Research Fellow (Research Guide – Chemistry) 2nd March, 2017.
- African Leader of Integrity Merit Award 2015.
- Distinguished Chemist Award by Chemical Society of Nigeria.
- Fellowship award, Institute of Strategic Managers, Ghana.
- Certificate of Honour as the Best Secondary School in Ogun State, Gateway News Update
- Certificate of Honour, Gateway Educational Development Award
- Silver Category Award, Africa Top Schools Award, 2016 Edition
- Award of Excellence in Mathematics Competition, Tobby Emmanuel Foundation, 2016 Edition
- Award of Excellence by Hon Commissioner, Ministry of Education, Science and Technology, in July, 2016
- Award of Excellence presented by Senior Staff Union in Colleague of Education, Nigeria (SSUCOEN) May 2017.